What I recommend for all of my subjects:
– Comfort is key. Dress in simple, comfortable clothing and shoes (or go barefoot!) and style your hair and makeup naturally
– Stay away from logos, characters or writing on your clothing. Stick with solids and patterns.
– Kids feel most comfortable when not stuffed into formal, unfamiliar clothes and shoes.
– For siblings and families, it is best not to match. Instead, try to coordinate colors or patterns for everyone so that it doesn’t look staged or formal.
– Cool patterns, layers (think sweaters/cardigans/vests/jackets), accessories (scarves/jewelry/hats), textures (ruffles, chunky knits) and/or any personal items (blankets/favorite toy) will add a *pop* to your images
– Go with a neutral and muted color palette for clean and soft images
And here’s the outfit inspiration she used:
Kim O’Brien is a Natural Light Lifestyle & Fine Art Family Photographer in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Morrisville, Apex and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Contact Kim O’Brien Photography for more information about Cary Fine Art Lifestyle Family Photography.